- Bill Murray, movie star vs. Bill Murray, Meme.
- Part 1 and Part 2 of an interesting letter exchange between Israeli Palestinian writer Sayed Kashua and Israeli Jewish writer Etgar Keret.
- Twin Peaks and the return from “meanwhile.”
- Michael Haneke’s everyday horror.
- Trailer of the Week: Susanna Fogel’s Life Partners
- Who’s afraid of the big bad trans*woman? On horror and transfemininity. (warning: film spoilers)
- This awesome dissection of internet hyperbole will make your cry and change your life.
- What’s the purpose of the rape/revenge horror film?
- 15 books that will make the conversation about race an actual conversation.
- Trailer of the Week: Jeff Preiss’s Low Down
8. Ringu aka The Ring
A reporter (Nanako Matsushima) discovers a cursed videotape that kills everyone who sees it. She attempts to uncover the mystery, putting her family in danger in the process. Ringu’s masterful pacing and tense sequences places it at the top of the J-horror subgenre. There have been many knock-offs since, but the film’s fright quotient is unparalleled.
- The movies’ 50 greatest pop music moments.
- Ordinary f**cking people: modes of verisimilitude in Boyhood and Richard Linklater’s “Before” movies.
- Director Megan Griffiths defends unmarketable films.
- A wonderful essay about The Texas Chainsaw Massacre at 40.
- Trailer of the Week: Ruben Ostlund’s Force Majeure